Do problems with memory, attention, or thinking ability have you worried? If so, we can help! At the Center for Cognitive Wellness, our mission is simple:
TO OPTIMIZE COGNITIVE HEALTH
What is cognitive health? Cognition refers to your ability to remember things, pay attention and focus, be organized, and think clearly. Cognitive health refers to how well you are able to remember, pay attention and focus, organize yourself, and think clearly.
At the Center for Cognitive Wellness, we strive to improve your cognitive health by helping you and your loved ones understand what is causing your cognitive problems and by providing recommendations and treatment to help you manage your cognitive problems and improve your quality of life.
The Center for Cognitive Wellness offers two types of services to help you understand and treat cognitive problems:
Neuropsychological evaluations help you to identify what might be causing your cognitive problems, identify what your cognitive strengths and weaknesses are, and provide detailed and individualized recommendations that can help you live a more productive and fulfilling life.
Cognitive coaching is a type of skills training that takes place with you and your specialist one on one. The focus of cognitive coaching is to help you learn specific skills and strategies to overcome problems with memory and attention and other areas of cognition that impact your day to day life. Cognitive coaching may be brief, 4-12 sessions, or longer depending on the problems you would like to address.
Our services can help you and your family deal with questions such as:
- I’ve noticed that my memory has changed as I have gotten older, do I have dementia or Alzheimer’s disease?
- My family has noticed a change in my personality, what might be causing this?
- What impact did my head injury have on my memory and thinking?
- Is depression or anxiety causing changes in memory and thinking?
- How might my medical problems be affecting my memory?
- I had an injury (a stroke or head injury), am I ready to return to work or school?
- I’m having trouble paying attention, do I have ADHD or something else?
- My memory is causing me problems in my everyday life, is there anything I can do to make things easier?
- I just don’t feel as productive as I could be, can I learn skills to help me function better?
At the Center for Cognitive Wellness we offer comprehensive, compassionate, and practical neuropsychological services that meet each individual where they are, no matter what stage of life they are in. We strive to provide our patients and their loved ones with the tools necessary to optimize cognitive wellness.